from Santa Suz
Christmas came early!! TEA just released items from the 2015 STAAR assessments!
These released items can be a meaningful piece of your instruction. Here's how...
1. Practice thinking though the multiple choice in a high engagement, low risk way with I.Q. Slapdown.
2. Post the first page of several passages around the room. Have students conduct a gallery walk identifying the genre and telling how they know or what they focus on when they read this genre. This could be a great way to reinforce the genre bookmarks.
3. For great ideas for the writing scoring guide, click here.
4. Assign a released expository passage, have students create their own visual to support the passage. Challenge them to explain the connection between the two.
5. The #1 advantage of released passages is that they are (relatively) short. After reading and working with several, disjointed passages, challenge students to find connections using Connect the Dots.
Oh yeah, and a wealth of released items is at your fingertips right here.