from both of your curly pals
This time of year, there is definitely lots to give thanks for. We are plugging through the school year at quite a clip. We have settled comfortably into our classroom routines. And...lest we forget...the Christmas break is upon us. But before we deck our halls, we stop to give thanks for some of our Curly Classroom favs. Here are our top 5:
5. Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer--Lori is a big-time coffee drinker. One cup is not enough. The holiday flavor keeps her peppy in the classroom and ready for whatever may come her way. And yes...it is totally worthy of a picture. Put it on your grocery list right now.
4. Dollar Tree--This place should be re-named THE teacher store. From fly swatters to fake mustaches...Dollar Tree keeps us covered on our cooky essentials. Some have easily mistaken Suzanne's classroom cabinet for Dollar Tree's distribution center. If you're lucky enough to work on her hallway and simultaneously lucky enough to find yourself in frantic morning need of a beach ball, fuzzy poms, over-sized dice, gift bags, plastic wrap...whatev...she's got you covered.
3. Glue Sticks AND colored paper (ok so that's two)--Because we preach the gospel of interactive notebooks, we are zealous users/hoarders/protectors of massive quantities of glue sticks. Colored paper is a staple of the Curly Classroom and will most likely be found in some state of origami. Our favorites include the grammar foldable, 4-corner notes, 8-page booklets, or even simple tri-folds for explicit instruction.
2. YA Novels That Turn Into Movies--The Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner. The list goes on and on. [Side note-if you haven't seen Catching Fire yet, you need to quit reading and buy tickets now.] Lori is currently reading Maze Runner and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children aloud to her classes. The latter has to be censored a bit, but it's a great read so far.
1. And finally...our absolute favorite...YOU! We have been overwhelmed by the success of our blog. Every comment, every re-pin, every TpT sale, and every email makes us gush every time.
So Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time off and let us know some of your favs!